Bram Stoker Festival 2020
Vampires in the City – Call for Participants
Join Our Bramily!
Are you one of Bram Stoker Festival’s dedicated fanbase, who relish dressing up in costume to reveal your inner dark side?
Are you counting down the days to Halloween, so you can indulge your vampiric costume dreams?
If the answer is Yes, we invite you to enter freely, and of your own free will, our hunt for participants to take part in a photographic celebration of our most enthusiastic and creatively costumed audience in an outdoor exhibition throughout Dublin city!
Goth It Up & Strike A Pose
We’ve always been impressed by the fangtastic creativity which has gone into costumes at Bram Stoker Festival events; from families, groups of friends and solo vampires. You committed costumers have revealed yourselves by day and night. We want to celebrate that legacy by welcoming our audience to a professional, outdoor photo shoot, in which you and your coven are captured in your best vampire costumes at iconic Dublin locations.
Vampires of Dublin
This series of photographs will be displayed outdoors on billboards, as part of the festival programme in Dublin this October, so your creative efforts will be seen by countless Dubliners and visitors to the city!
Here’s The Deal
We’ll meet you, and other members of your household, at an iconic outdoor Dublin location.
You’ll arrive in costume, ready to be captured enjoying a Vampire’s Day Out by our photographer.
The photographs will be used online and in an outdoor poster campaign throughout the city in October.
All participants will receive a framed print of their best shot to enjoy for centuries to come!
Applications can be for a maximum of 5 people in one group, and all groups must come from the same household.
We will follow all public health guidance in relation to Covid-19 and have a Covid Compliance Officer in attendance to ensure the safety of participants and our team, information on how this will be managed will be sent to successful applicants in advance of the photoshoot.
We have limited spots available for participation, so to take part, we want to see your best costume ever. The photoshoot’s theme is ‘Vampire’s Day Out’, so your costume should reflect that on the day. You’ll need to be available to be in Dublin on Sep 19 & 20. Participants must come from the same household.
We know you might not want to use public transport while in costume, so private transport can be provided where required, within Dublin only.
How To Enter
Submit your entry by clicking the Apply Now button below to fill in our entry form. You’ll need to upload pictures of previous costume(s) you have worn, whether at Halloween or at costume parties. You’ll also need to describe to us what you’ll wear at the photoshoot. Costumes should respond to the theme of Vampire / Vampire’s Day Out (and yes, we know vampires don’t usually come out during the day, but we’ve been given an exemption on this occasion by the International Vampires Association!).
Applications close Friday 11 September at 3pm. We’ll be in touch with the most creative applicants soon after to arrange a time and date for your photos to be taken over the weekend of 19 & 20 September.
Covid19 Safety Precautions
The photoshoots will adhere to Covid19 Safety precautions, and a Covid19 Safety Officer will be in attendance at all times to ensure the safety of participants and our team. We will send specific instructions and guidance on Covid19 Safety precautions to all chosen applicants in advance of the photoshoot.
Terms & Conditions
1. This application for participation in Bram Stoker Festival’s outdoor photoshoot Vampire’s Day Out is managed by the festival producers, Schweppe Curtis Nunn. The photoshoot will be managed by Bram Stoker Festival Co-Director, with a Covid19 Safety and Compliance officer in attendance,
2. Applications are accepted by people from the same household only, and any participants aged 18 or under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
3. The photoshoot will take place in Dublin on September 19th and 20th. By applying, you are confirming your availability to be in Dublin city on those days.
4. Applicants will apply via the form on bramstokerfestival.com and all data will be held for this purpose only – no data submitted by applicants will be shared with external or third parties and will be used for contact purposes only.
5. Entries will be evaluated by the Bram Stoker Festival team and the photoshoot photographer. Decisions made in this evaluation are final.
6. The organisers reserve the right to change any aspect of the photoshoot, but will do so in consultation with chosen applicants.
7. The promoters are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the applicants arising from his or her involvement in the photoshoot.
8. The photographs taken will be exhibited on outdoor advertising spots throughout Dublin in October and will also be used on Bram Stoker Festival’s social media channels and website.
9. Entry to this applications shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
10. The organisers reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
12. Employees or agents of Bram Stoker Festival, and their families or other persons connected with the festival are not eligible to enter.
13. Applications close Friday 11 September at 3pm.